ServiceNow widget gives the user access to select parts of the full ServiceNow. Interact users can view their, Incidents, Requests, Change Requests and Problems. They can also search for knowledge articles, make new requests and raise new incidents.
- Within your Application Registry, you must ensure that OAuth0 is active. By default, OAuth0 is active on new and upgraded instances.
Create a 'New' OAuth application by clicking the 'New" button and selecting 'Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients'
Configure the values as outlined in the table below.
The name of your application
- Make a note of the Client ID, Client Secret and Instance Name - you will need this later on in the setup.
- Click submit.
Prior to March 24 2021, the Redirect URL was not specified. However since March 24 2021 it is mandatory to be included as part of Interact configuration setup.
- From Application Settings > Control Panel > Marketplace, select ServiceNow
- From the Application Registry, specify:
- Client ID;
- Client Secret;
- Instance Name (the domain URL of your ServiceNow instance, including "https://").
- Click Save.
Editing Marketplace Configuration
The editing of existing Marketplace Configuration options, will forcibly purge authentication tokens of all users who have used the integration. Therefore requiring them to re-authenticate before being able to use the integration again, any scope changes will be immediately applied to the new access tokens (existing service provider access tokens won't automatically pick up changes until re-authentication.)
If testing with a ServiceNow Developer Instance, please be aware that the System Administrator 'admin' account used to access the developer instance cannot be used to test the OAuth flow between Interact and ServiceNow
Missing redirect URL in application registration.
Redirect URL has not been specified in the Application Registration or it's incorrect.
Whilst this is a generic error returned from ServiceNow covering a variety of issues. It can indicate that the Client Secret doesn't match that within ServiceNow Application Registry
Updated over 1 year ago