The Salesforce widget within Interact Software allows a user to search accounts, leads, tasks, and campaigns. A user connects to Salesforce using Salesforces's OAuth 2.0 login. Before this widget functions in Interact Software, you must create an App within your instance of Salesforce, how to can be found below.
Make sure your Salesforce Instance has REST API Support and it is Enabled
Generally speaking, the following do not have REST API Support.
- Group Edition
- Essentials Edition
- Professional Edition (available via additional purchase)
The following editions generally have REST API Support.
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Developer Edition
- Performance Edition
- Navigate to Setup > App Manager
- Create a New Connected App
- Use the table below to populate the required fields.
Connected App Name
The name of your application which will be seen by users
A contact for users of the application
Enable OAuth Settings
Add the two following URLs:
Selected OAuth Scopes
Require Secret for Web Server Flow
Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow
Callback URL Deprecation
From 24th March 2021, Interact will deprecate the use of the following Redirect URL - https://[YourIntranetURL]/salesforce/Account/RetrieveAccessToken
- Obtain the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret for the newly created Connected App
- From Application Settings > Control Panel > Marketplace, select Salesforce
- Specify the Client ID and Client Secret from the Salesforce App.
- Click Save
Editing Marketplace Configuration
The editing of existing Marketplace Configuration options, will forcibly purge authentication tokens of all users who have used the integration. Therefore requiring them to re-authenticate before being able to use the integration again, any scope changes will be immediately applied to the new access tokens (existing service provider access tokens won't automatically pick up changes until re-authentication.)
Updated 7 months ago